Council leader: "Wellbeing of our communities is paramount"

Wirral Borough Council News from wirralview.com
Wirral Council News
Site Helper

Council leader: "Wellbeing of our communities is paramount"

Post by Wirral Council News » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Dear resident,

As you may have heard in the news, the Government has announced a number of changes to our current lockdown. These changes will begin to come into effect from 4 July. This will see more freedoms but there will still be restrictions in place. We will not let our guard down and will be working constantly to monitor coronavirus cases in Wirral to restrict and prevent any outbreaks.

As we continue to enjoy fine weather we will be building on the work done in previous week with additional bins in key coastal locations along with extra cleansing, and management of car parking. We will also be opening a small number of coastal public toilets from this weekend where we can ensure social distancing. In West Kirby this will mean some temporary portable toilets as a short term solution while we make changes to the existing toilets as these do not lend themselves to social distancing.

However, it is crucial that we all remember that the virus has not gone away. We must continue to follow guidelines on social distancing and frequent hand washing. It is important that we all play our part to Keep Wirral Well.

As our economy continues to re-open from July 4 we will also be getting more council services back up and running. But I must ask you to please be patient – we need to ensure this is done correctly, following guidelines that have now been released, and it is vital that we continue to be cautious, to ensure measures are in place to protect residents.

Under the current guidelines, not unlike some businesses, not all council services are yet able to re-open. However, I can reassure you that staff continue to work behind scenes to prepare for reopening as soon as possible and safe to do so, and are looking forward to welcoming you back to our leisure centres and theatre just as soon as we are able. Guidance is likely to be different for each business depending on the location so I would urge you to please follow advice and information by staff/retailers as appropriate.

Finally, I also want to reassure the most vulnerable in our community that they will be supported and we will release details very soon on how we will continue to help you stay safe. The protection and wellbeing of all parts of our community in Wirral is paramount and at the forefront of all that the council does.

I hope you are your loved ones are safe and well and I wish you the very best.

Best wishes,

Cllr Pat Hackett

Leader of Wirral Council

Read full article:- http://wirralview.com/covid-19-news/cou ... -paramount

Published by Wirral Council News on Fri, 26 Jun 2020 www.wirral.gov.uk