Wirral Ways to deliver support to residents for another 5 years

Wirral Borough Council News from wirralview.com
Wirral Council News
Site Helper

Wirral Ways to deliver support to residents for another 5 years

Post by Wirral Council News » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Wirral Ways to Recovery has been successful in its bid to retain the borough’s contract to provide Adult Substance Misuse Treatment and Recovery Services. 

This follows the service’s recent ‘Outstanding’ classification, following a recent CQC inspection that was published in August.

Wirral Ways, part of the charity Change Grow Live, will now build on its work and partnership building from the last five years to continue supporting the people of Wirral; working to minimise the harm they experience from drug and alcohol use, so they can go on to live healthier and longer lives.​​​​​​​

Cllr Chris Jones, cabinet member for adult care and health, said: “We are very pleased to announce that Wirral Ways to Recovery will continue to provide their high-quality treatment and support services to people across the borough.

“While extending my congratulations to the service on their recent ‘Outstanding’ inspection, I’d like to say well done also to the staff, volunteers and management teams who make Wirral Ways the effective and compassionate service that it is.

“I look forward to the service taking positive strides over the next five years, building on the achievements of the last five.”

In addition to their current services, which last year supported more than 3,200 people across Wirral, the new contract will see Wirral Ways to Recovery continue to develop strong working links with Wirral’s key health organisations and statutory bodies. 

The service intends to be involved in improving the clinical pathways and collective health and social care for clients in Wirral overall. 

Andrew Cass, Services Manager at Wirral Ways to Recovery, said: “We are of course elated to be able to continue our work in and with Wirral communities.

“I extend many thanks to our teams across the borough for their untiring approach to supporting people with drug and alcohol addictions and needs, tirelessly providing the bespoke and high-quality service that Wirral deserves.”​​​​​​​

Wirral Ways to Recovery will begin to deliver the new contract in February 2020 with plans to develop the local offer to drug and alcohol service users already underway.

Read full article:- http://wirralview.com/news/wirral-ways- ... er-5-years

Published by Wirral Council News on Tue, 22 Oct 2019 www.wirral.gov.uk