More choice for Wirral gym users

News and Talk that is Council related
Wirral Council News
Site Helper

More choice for Wirral gym users

Postby Wirral Council News » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Starting next week one of Wirral’s leading council gyms will be offering people even more choice on when they can exercise.

From Monday 15 October the Oval in Bebington will be opening their gym from the earlier time of 6.30am Monday to Friday - previously 7.15am.

It will also stay open later on a Saturday and Sunday until 6pm, rather than 5pm, for Invigor8 members – those who are able to access the gym via the self-serve kiosk.

This means there are now two council-run gyms opening earlier in the mornings during week days, allowing residents even more options on when to exercise.

They can use Europa from 6am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and the Oval from 6.30am on all weekdays.

Customers can also follow up their workout with a swim at both centres, where the pools are open early, at Europa from 7.30am and the Oval from 7.45am.

Cabinet member for leisure and recreation, Cllr Phillip Brightmore, said: “”We are having to continually do more with less, as council resources are squeezed.

“So I am pleased to be able to say this is yet another example of us maximising the opportunities provided by our leisure centres for Wirral’s residents.

“People tell us they want to be able to use our gyms and leisure facilities at times which suit them and by providing this service we hope more people will benefit and help support our leisure facilities.

“It is my hope that we will be able to continue making improvements such as these across all our leisure centres and I must add my continued thanks to staff who work so hard to ensure we make every effort to provide a high quality service to the public.”

And with membership prices starting from as little as £18.50 a month with no contract or joining fee there is a membership to suit all.

The Invigor8 Memberships offer access to seven gyms, 10 pools and over 350 exercise classes across eight centres as well as four golf courses, six indoor tennis courts and the Wirral Sailing Centre.

The Invigor8 app also means you have your leisure centre information in your pocket with quick and easy access to book your favourite classes and activities.

For further details about memberships and what’s on offer you can now register your details or you can contact the membership team on 0151 606 2010 for further advice, or see the website.

Read full article http://wirralview.com/news/more-choice-wirral-gym-users

Published by Wirral Council News on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 http://www.wirral.gov.uk

Return to “Council Talk”