Will two overlooked covenants for “enjoyment of light” prevent a fire station at Saughall Massie from happening?

A blog about Wirral Council, Wirral Council's councillors & officers
John Brace Blog Talk
Site Helper

Will two overlooked covenants for “enjoyment of light” prevent a fire station at Saughall Massie from happening?

Postby John Brace Blog Talk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Read full article http://johnbrace.com/2017/10/20/will-tw ... happening/

Published by John Brace Blog on Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:51:28 +0000

diggingdeeper
Site Moderator

Re: Will two overlooked covenants for “enjoyment of light” prevent a fire station at Saughall Massie from happening?

Postby diggingdeeper » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:10 am

I make the building to be about 35m away at its closest point, I don't think that would be called obstruction of natural daylight even if it was a four storey building?

level80

Re: Will two overlooked covenants for “enjoyment of light” prevent a fire station at Saughall Massie from happening?

Postby level80 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:35 pm

The building may be that far away (it's about 2 and a half stories high).

However as part of the plans for the fire station there's also a 2 metre high boundary timber closeboard fence about half that distance between the proposed fire station and the adjacent housing.

KirbyFow

Postby KirbyFow » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am

Oh so the fence is the issue? I didn't know that.

diggingdeeper
Site Moderator

Postby diggingdeeper » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:22 pm

KirbyFow wrote:Oh so the fence is the issue? I didn't know that.

I doubt it, the houses have their own 2m high fence much nearer to their own property than the fire station one iirc

level80

Postby level80 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:00 am

The fences around the bungalows have gaps between the slats that will let light through.

The gates in those fences are also lower in height than the fences themselves and that gap at the top of the gate lets the light through too.

From my photo of them, the top of those windows on those bungalows appear to be at a higher height than the fence is (although its possible this is to do with differences in land levels).

The blog posts written after this don't seem to be automatically updating here, is there a problem?

Return to “John Brace's Blog about Wirral Council Talk”